Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Parting Party

Tomorrow evening I'm having a bit of a send-off at Bastone, my favorite local brewery.  The place is hard to beat on a Tuesday, since Beer Club members (which I count myself among) get 22oz glasses of their microbrews for only $2.  Their beer is great, and those prices make you feel like you're in a college town!  The food is reliably tasty too, and while the service can be hit or miss, it's hands down my favorite local restaurant.

The invite email for this gathering was rather ambiguous when it came to the purpose and duration of my trip to Japan, giving several coworkers the impression that I'm actually leaving the company.  Ack!  Can't let that kind of misperception survive.  The days since that invite went out have been full of explanations, and I'm sure tomorrow will be no exception.  No matter how many times I run through the "Yeah!  I'm going to Japan for three months!" spiel, I'm really looking forward to a good old fashioned coworker outing just like in the bad old days of 2007.  Kanpai!

No comments:

Post a Comment