Monday, February 9, 2009

The packing has begun

My living room is slowly becoming buried in stacks of folded clothes and clusters of electronics with all their associated cords carefully coiled.  My packing process involves putting everything that's coming with me in the same location, and then figuring out the best way to get it all into the available luggage space.  I'm feeling good on available space, (hopefully not jinxing myself) but my main concern is keeping track of what is where.  Three months is a long time to pack for, and my living room floor is only so large!

While this method of packing ensures everything gets stowed in an orderly fashion, it also means that my lists have to be covered twice: once to get an item present, and again when it gets packed.  It's a bit more work than putting things straight into a bag, but it makes the measure of success is very straightforward: if there are no random items left on the floor when the last bag is closed, I'm set!


No comments:

Post a Comment