Sunday, February 1, 2009

Last Minute Shopping

I'll admit to going on a bit of a shopping binge this past week.  There are some significant differences that will prevent me from buying much in the way of clothes while I'm in Japan, so I need to be sure I'm prepared for just about anything for the two seasons I'm going to be present for in the upcoming months.

Normally I'm not much of a shopper... I virtually never leave the house without a reliable lead for a good price or the location of an item I'm on the market for.  That 'slim to none' level of shopping has trended much closer to none since July: How badly do I really need new outfits when the person I'm most trying to impress isn't around?  Luckily, now is an excellent time to be gearing up a wardrobe.  With all the retail companies doing so poorly along with the rest of the economy, they're practically paying you to show up in their stores.  Of all my recent purchaces, only one item wasn't at least half-off its original price. (a sweater, 'only' 25% off)

No comments:

Post a Comment