Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fridge Cleanout

What does ice cream, a loaf of bread, frozen shrimp, and green onions have in common?  It's the tip of the iceberg for food I need to use up before my departure.  Since I'm not doing any more grocery shopping, it's going to be a week of weird meals as I clean out the pantry.  Some things will be a breeze - oh no, twist my arm and make me have a larger serving of ice cream!  But some things like spare sticks of butter just aren't as easy to rapidly consume.  I've only got one more trash day, and I want to use up absolutely as much as possible.  Few things bother me more than wasted food!

1 comment:

  1. You can go ahead and bring the butter with you because that is one thing that I still consider to be outrageously expensive here.

    ReplyDelete