Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Three Weeks

Only three weeks stand between me and imminent departure. Of those three weekends, I plan on visiting the parents for one, which leaves me with only two weekends remaining in Detroit. With time for errands winding down, I'm in the 'getting stuff together' phase of the trip prep. This past weekend I picked up a timer for lights in my house along with various drugstore supplies, for example. There are countless little things like that needing to be taken care of before I leave, and if I procrastinate I'll be making things very hard on myself.

One way or another I know everything will get done... it's just that I'd like to have things sorted (in the English slang sense - I've been watching Dr. Who) so when the time comes I can be excited and enjoy myself, avoiding all the stress and anxiety of rushing to get my act together right at the end.

Bed time for me - being caught up on my sleep is also on my agenda. I'll need to be rested to help adjust to the time shift smoothly, otherwise I'll become some kind of horrible sleepwalking zombie!

No comments:

Post a Comment