Friday, January 16, 2009

Televised Entertainment

I'm steeling myself for the loss of all my favorite streaming media while in Japan - Hulu, Netflix, and Pandora only have license agreements for the US, and as such their content is unavailable to IP addresses outside the country. (Yes, there are ways around that, and No, I don't care enough to work through them. Bear with me while I get to the point.)

In place of these sorts of distractions, A, M, and L have several seasons of the HBO show The Wire on DVD. They've been watching them weekly, so in order to be part of the fun when I arrive I've been getting the disks from Netflix in order to catch up. I've closed the gap, watching two seasons in the last few months, and am currently only three or so episodes behind. It's a top-notch show, and I'm looking forward to really getting into season three next month, but I'm not used to having to wait to see what happens! I guess this will force me to learn a little patience when it comes to television drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment