Sunday, January 11, 2009

Making Lists

In my previous job I was traveling all the time. It got to the point where I could throw my gear together the night before a trip and be gone for a week or two with no problems. Being gone for three months is a whole new animal though... having to worry about paying bills, stopping mail, packing for two seasons, it's a little overwhelming!

That's where lists come in. While I have begun some modest packing efforts, the bulk of my work is happening right now on paper. Things to buy, things to do, things to find - I could virtually guarantee I'll forget something if it doesn't appear on a list. List making is also rather fun, when it comes down to it. While it's still a bit more than a month away, lists mean I'm constantly reminding myself about the trip, and it's hard not to get excited about it.

As proof that the lists work, one of my to-do items happened to be firing up this blog. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment