Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Kicks

I've been planning on picking up a new pair of shoes prior to going to Japan. Requirements include being comfortable for extended walking, easy to put on and take off (since that will be happening frequently even while out and about), and decently stylish. It's a tricky order, since the 'ease of putting on and taking off' requirement usually means a slip on shoe, and that interferes with the 'extended comfort' requirement.

I may have found a candidate... the Teva Ryley. Since they're made by Teva, I trust their comfort as well as their durability, and the strap closure system will be quick to fasten/unfasten, but won't wear out over time the way elastic or velcro would. The strappy setup even manages to put a check in the 'stylish' column in my opinion.

The price is a bit higher than I'd like, but considering finding them in my size is an impossibility otherwise, I guess I have to take what I can get. I think I'll put in my order before the weekend so I'll have them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment