Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Change in the Weather

Reason #438 I'm excited about heading to Japan is skipping some of the worst of the Michigan winter. Today was absurdly cold, that kind of bitter, cutting cold that scratches at your jacket and creeps up your sleeves and down your collar. Even walking from a car to a building entrance was a harrowing experience. I couldn't feel my face walking into the office this morning!

Compare that to the weather in Nagoya today: It's currently a balmy 45 °F. While they still get some snow and below-freezing weather, it's nowhere near the 'My car is stalling it's so cold' weather Detroit will be seeing more of this season.

2 comments:

  1. ...but don't forget you have central heat which isn't an option here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Central heat is nice and all, but don't forget turning the thermostat up to 60 counts as splurging on gas for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete