Saturday, March 14, 2009

Welcome To The Future: Pod Bathroom

Allow me to give you a tour of the bathroom of the future, which was located in the hotel we stayed at in Kobe. The toilet had more buttons than the remote for my DVD player, several of which involve activating jets of water in places you might not expect. The sink and shower/tub utilize the same faucet, and I can't decide if that's efficient or inconvenient... I suppose it's both.

The interesting thing was that the bathroom-ness was contained within a pod-like structure, water-tight at all seams. You could cut loose with the shower and spray any of the walls, even the door, and it all would have drained away nicely. (I wouldn't be surprised if the hotel staff use that strategy for cleaning.) Since the setup was so self-contained, it seems like the perfect kind of thing for some converted industrial loft - so long as you had the plumbing hookups, you could put a comfortable bathroom anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment