Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Water line maintenance continues

For the past week or so I've been dealing with maintenance outside. All morning there's jackhammering and digging, and all afternoon there's compacting asphalt back into place. It's slightly better when the crew is working in an area they've already torn up, because that requires far less work with the jackhammer, but it's still an obnoxious part of my work day.

The work was taking place particularly close to the door to the apartment building today, and I was pretty much exiting into the middle of their construction zone. These work sites all have uniformed safety officials, and on the way back from lunch my approach was noticed, and the safety guy came over to assist. Had I been walking down the road just passing through, I would have crossed the street and avoided the mess altogether, but the safety official seemed ready to usher me completely through all of the ongoing instruction so I wouldn't need to alter course. Luckily I was able to duck back into the building before he started interrupting workers in order to let me walk by.

No comments:

Post a Comment